Around that time ( part 3 )


We waited for the bus.Standing there I kept thinking,why Somu had this misunderstanding towards me.How do I clear it up? By then the bus arrived, I got into the bus waved at Renu. Thankfully the bus wasn't crowded. I sat on a window seat. Habitually, I took out my book and started reading it. (quote)Analysis is condemnation. I ask myself, "Why do you want to do that?" This question is ill willed. I am seeking a motive that I have prejudged unworthy of me. Second guessing my motives undetermines faith in my own mind and leads to a decision to thwart the desire I had. Ahealthier approach would be to accpet the desire and simply seek to learn its direction, seek to clarify it rather than judge it. None of it was understood by me. I was sitting there thinking of what had happened and how i would want to get out of this mess. I remembered Karthik, I was of the opinion he was a good guy but what had he told somu and what had she understood it to be. Could it be somu's misunderstanding or is it Karthik's ?I'm not sure. But definetly I need to talk, talk to both of them.

I was just thinking and my mobile vibrated, it was a message. A message from lav's , it read- " Hey, howdy? Got to know about the scene.R u n karthik BB." Me and Karthik - Bunty aur Babli. I got more irritated, the news had already spread to the other section. Can't people mind their own buisness? I just deleted the message and switched off my mobile. I didn't want any more annoying for the day, it was already an overdose.I looked around, for some strange reason i felt everyone was staring at me.The bus stopped at the next stop and many more people got into the bus and a few got down.A lady came and sat next to me. she had a baby with her, he was sleeping.I just moved further towards the window making enough space for the lady. She sat down comfortably and smiled at me. I smiled back and looked at the baby. The thoughts in my mind seemed to be running marathon.I saw the book was open on my lap. I closed it and put it back into the bag.I kept turning my head looking out of the window, at the lady, the baby and the people in the bus. 


The time seemed to have been struck and i felt totally miserable.I wanted to cry but i controlled myself.I remembered the first day of the college when I first met somu.We were in the auditorium and listening to welcome speech and soon after that we had the prayer. "Maha ganapathim manasa smarami" such a melodious song and such a sweet voice. I could bearly see the girl as i was sitting far from the dias but i remembered the name that was announced by the HOD, "Now we have a prayer by Sowmya, 1st EC 'A', I kindly request all of you to stand up." 1st EC 'A' was my class i thought in my mind. Somu loved to sing and she had a song for every situation. Her favourite happy song, favourite sad song, favourite dance song,  favourite masti song, etc, etc, etc., I'm sure she would be singing "dost dost na raha, pyaar pyaar na raha, zindagi humhe teri aitbaar na raha" from the movie Sangam. She is so filmi, actually we both are. We are such drama queens. Once we had to go out to MG and our parents wouldn't allow, I still remember we had made such a mess our parents had to drop us personally to MG. And during the Digi electronics class we had sprayed ink on MRG sir's shirt from behind and he hadn't noticed it till he reached staffroom.All of us were having such a laugh in the class and he was seriously teaching the black board.


 The first day of the classes when we were sent to the classrooms, as I sat there wondering who sowmya could be.A voice from back spoke to me "Hi, I'm sowmya from National college.What's your name? I had blurtted out, "so you were the one who sung on the stage just now". And she smilingly replied "yes, that was me."She didn't know my name for days as I never told her my name. She had to borrow one of my notes to know my name. And last month at wonderla during the semister break, what fun we had? On the rides, in the wave pool, the rain dance which we went twice! We had such great time together and now is a time when I have no words to describe how it is. 


I had reached my stop. Got down and started walking towards home. I had reached the park, when i met nirmala auntie( my mom's friend ) she comes there daily for a walk. I said hello asking her how she was doing but my mind was still stuck with somu. seeing me lost she asked me "Are you fine?" I said "I'm  tired, had early morning classes today." i continued towards home saying bye to her.As i walked on the road, I could see the sun set. He looked like an orange ball. Everything in this world is an illusion, I thought.

2 comments:

Durgesh Shastri said...

you are really complex .visit: http://durgeshshastri.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

complex in a good way ??? is that what you mean? :)

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Followers