Around that time (part 1)


Around that time is a fictious short story which i'll write as serial, I've written the first part of it today. Please wait for more episodes of it to come in my future posts. Around that time basically revolves around three girls who are best friends and are classmates studying to become engineers. This is about one phase of their life. I have tried my best to give a realistic feel to it. Every quote you see is from the book "Notes to myself "- My struggle to become a person by Hugh Prather.


Part - 1 :: 


(quote) "All I want is to be loved." - wanting to be loved, to be lovable, is not really a desire for how I want to be, but for how I want others to be. I closed the book on hearing the loud horn .I forced the last piece of bread into my mouth n' a sip of milk. I grabbed my bag and walked hurriedly to the gate and wroomed behind Somu. somu looked upset, but we didn't talk. It was more like she didn't want to talk and I kept quite.That was the understanding we shared.In one year we knew each other so well, that we no longer needed words to say how we felt.We reached the college, parked the bike and entered the class.

We were in time for the first hour EC class, by the time I could exchange a word with netu and say a hi, GKV sir entered the class. His classes were always a bore. We sat down, He was teaching the Transition and Diffusion Capacitance and we were sitting in the last bench exchanging  notes to each other about what happened over the weekend.Tanu was very excited as she had been to coorg trip with her family. August is lovely in coorg and all the pictures of the western ghats, Abbey waterfalls and the coffee estates looked pretty. Somu wasn't involved in our talk neither was she listening to the lecture. I was sure, there was something serious she couldn't be upset over petty things. I tried as much to cover up so that no one else noticed. finally, the class was over but now we had a bigger torture the HOD himself. Now we moved from last bench to the first bench. HOD never doubted the front benchers or asked them any questions. In this class too we kept our buisness on and the lecture was totally off limits. I was just waiting for the break, and here it was. HOD took an extra 10 min class and he finally let us go. 

I dragged somu to the girl's room. No good, other's came along too. What was I to do now. So i asked renu to take somu to the parking lot and I quitely accompanied them without anyone else noticing. They would only realise once the class started by then they can't come out looking for us too.I met renu and somu at the parking. We sat down, I asked - " Somu, what''s the matter? why are u upset, did you have fight with your mom or did your aunt say anything that made you sad?" she just remained silent. Renu spoke -" come on somu, now don't make us plead you. Be a good girl tell us what's on your mind " somu was silent, she didn't speak a word. now Renu was enraged " so you've decided you don't want to tell us then why the hell do make it known to us that you're upset, why don't you pretend to be happy?" somu just walked away. This was really bad. she had never walked on us before. Renu yelled loudly " hey you can't walk away, we're not done yet" somu didn't even look back.I held renu's hand and pressed it softly.She just sat down"how could she do this to us? we are her best friends, we were there for her during her drawing exam when she almost screwed the paper, i showed her my drawing and remember we helped her during that fight with naresh too. we stood by her side. how could she, i mean, how could she just walk on us like this" said Renu. Renu was not completely wrong but i felt Somu had her reasons to be acting weird too.So I just looked at Renu in her eyes and silently I looked down as i moved my hair with my fingers. I didn't know what to say and even if I did what would I say? I came home in the bus and waited all evening for Somu to call but she didn't.

2 comments:

anandkumar said...

waiting 4 part-2 story.........anandkumar.S

Nikhil said...

waiting for the next parts ;)

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Followers