Dark Deepavali

This is my first post where i'm not gonna use any kind of generalization, it's purely a personal experience and i like to leave the rest of the world out of this. Today is supposedly deepavali, a day filled with happiness and craziness . I expected to have spent it with my family but turns out except for me no one else is excited.



To begin with - the clothes i had shopped for everyone weren't liked much. (good each has their own taste when it comes to dressing probably i tried to get them into something they weren't comfortable). Then comes the cleaning and decoration - I'm the only one doing it, like i live alone in this duplex house. The kitchen is a mess, the rooms are at their worst despite having them cleaned yesterday.The chocolates i made for gifting purposes are only half wrapped, why ? cos i have only wrapped the one's i will be handing over.not the one's my sis will handing off.I forgot to take the divas out from where they are stacked all year through and they aren't out yet, forget about washing and cleaning them to be used in the evening. The puja room is not cleaned, the god's haven't taken a bath.There is a war going on to decide what needs to be cooked for lunch (sure there's not gonna be a sweet cooked), not to forget the breakfast was bought from the nearest restaurant!! I have more on my list of NOT COMPLETED PROJECTS but i guess i'll leave them. ( they aren't that important).

Now i'm confused am i doing right by pulling myself out of the situation but then i have no kids at home (everyone is older than me, the only one younger to me is my sis, who's soon to be 21) they gotta act like adults, just because i shoulder the responsibility doesn't mean it becomes my duty !! I feel like - everyone's gotta a life except for me henceforth like a looser i do all the house chores like a maid. (a maid who doesn't get paid). A little help is all i ask, is that too much to ask? I don't stay at home all day, i got my own responsibilities away from home too. I don't wanna be tied down at home with all the chores. I wanna live like everyone else. If only i knew whom i could blame all this on, i would feel a lot better - is it my mom's deteriorating health ? my dad's being away all the time ? my granny who feels it's her time to rest and relax now? or my sis who lives in a world of her own and have no time to spare ?  Am i the only looser who's got the time, strength and willingness to be the LOOSER i am !!  

Be it right or be it wrong , I've made this decision no more chores for me. No more I'm gonna spend my time for someone else, my time is for me and for the benefit of me only.

0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Followers