Chennai chronical - I

23/10/09

7:00 it's such a lazy day. Aaahhhh !! i wish i could sleep for long....
Priya, come on get up!! you're already late for class. will you
get up now or you want me to come there to kick you.
Can anyone ignore mom's orders? i get up, make my bed and
push myself into the bathroom.

7:30 Right on time at the bus stop, 10 more mins before the bus can arrive.
I look around, not a soul i know. I put on my ear plugs and listen to my play list. I try calling Raksha, she doesn't respond....

I walk around, the ticket counter is open ..

I quickly open my purse, i got only 600 rupees in them.

How much for a rajahamsa ticket to chennai ?

What date do you intend to book the ticket for?

Tonight ... !!

Lemme check, it's weekend and not many seats will be available. You have seats available
on 09:45 pm bus . How many tickets do you want me to book for you?

Two please.

seats 19 and 20 are available, is it ok?

That's fine.

ok .. here is your ticket to Chennai, departuring time from Bangalore 21:45 dated 23rd October 2009.

210 has already arrived, i ran to catch it with tickets and change tightly grabbed in my
hand. it's a lucky day, i didn't miss out my bus.


9:00 Internals are no longer a serious affair, everyone's chilled out. I wait for the questions to be given. saritha mam comes in - hands over twelve questions. Write any six of these before 10:30.

She leaves..

Open book and open discussion makes it all the more easier.

11:10 Raksha is the most irresponsible, one last time and if she doesn't answer my call I'm just going on my own

Finally you choose to pick my call, that's wonderful.

I was stuck with work, had guests at home.

That's ok. I'm in the bus and almost reaching your home. Please come and pick me up.

Give me 5 minutes.

sure.


11:35 Hop on let's go, it's already late..
After 20 minutes of making me wait in the bus stop you realise we are late?

Let's not argue... where do you want to go first?

I've booked the tickets, now lets shop for some eatables, clothes and then drop me home.. I'm tired and equally sleepy.. haven't slept in a week preparing for the internals.

Come on.. it's a open book internals and you're finding it hard to cope with??

13 :00 Now that we are done with most of the shopping. Do you want to have lunch?

No let me go home..

Why??
I got work, haven't packed .. no sleep.. need to install a DVD RW .. and blah.. blah.. blah..

I'm dying of hunger, let's eat.

No.. let's go

But we still need to buy sweets and chappals for Rosey.

We have done so much shopping.. let's not do anymore.

She needs it yaar ..

I have spent almost every penny, I got nothing to spend on the trip

Why do you worry when me and Rosey are there?? Let's grab some good food at Nandhini. The next three days at Chennai is gonna be horrible in terms of weather and food.

14:00 C ya at 8 pm . I'll come home with all my luggage, you be ready, the bus leaves Bangalore at 21:45.



to be continued ...

5 comments:

HIMANSHU KARKI said...

the post is over or u will write rest story in next post...

Mohsin said...

Honestly speaking, would comment only after reading more of the story...Please update it quickly...Liked the way u write..very real, yet beautifully written !!

Unknown said...

chennai chronicles is a 4 part short story.. 3 more are on its way !!

Avneet Singh said...

a rather weird style of phrasing .. its engrossing though :) .. i m gonna keep a check on u .. cheers \m/

archie

http://ode-to-simplicity.blogspot.com/

http://ode-to-simplicity.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-shall-be-lost-again.html

-ve character +ve attitude said...

hey u,again u showin u r a gulte!
wat do u mean by 'Why do you worry when me and Rosey are there?? Let's grab some good food at Nandhini. The next three days at Chennai is gonna be horrible in terms of weather and food.'
weather I agree with U
food is delecious der,nandini sucks!
hav u ever visited hotel saravana bhavan?
babye gulte

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Followers